Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PC Unfriendly

The last two months I have sent out a lot of emails with spelling errors because my screen was giant and I couldn't see what I was doing. That dates back to me trying to speed up my computer by deleting unused files. The problem was I deleted my graphics file and my sound card driver, so not only could I not see anything, listening was off limits too. Luckily, I finally got mad enough last week that I spent an entire day defragmenting my computer and downloading various files that I needed from microsoft and dell. I am super proud of myself. When Jason first started managing in tech support he used to test my technical skills and I feel like I could totally pass for an agent in a call center after getting my pc back in order.

Just when I was feeling so great my printer got jammed. I tried everything to get it out and even thought of resorting to sticky traps to coach the paper out. Luckily, I happened to be complaining to my sister who recently had her own adventure with tweezers and popsicle sticks with her printer and she told me about a secret door in the back. My hand is scraped and bleeding, so it is about time someone told me about this magnificent door before one of my kids loses their hand trying to fish out paper for their mommy. I hope my shipping labels don't have traces of my dna on them from my hand being devoured in the printing tray.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I'm so sorry! That is super frustrating! I'm glad you got it all figured out...you're the woman!