Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Goodbye Until We Meet Again



Jason's grandmother, Helyne Young passed away recently and the family gathered for a beautiful funeral commemorating her life. His sister, Kelly, composed a slideshow depicting Helyne's family and friends. The most meaningful to me was hearing stories about Grandma Helyne and getting to know her in a way that I never had the opportunity to. She was a striking young lady with flair and talent for presentation. She spray painted weeds collected in the mountains to create flower arrrangements, fed everyone hoards of food on decorative glass plates embellished with rose cut radishes, and warmed everyone with her kindness. She was said to never have spoken an unkind remark towards anyone and always remembered the less fortunate even when she was upon hard times herself. I am thankful to be part of such a wonderful family and enjoy this good woman's legacy. I hope my children retain her spirit and carry on her goodwill and vivacity. Most of all, I dream of a day when my children will have a pretty assortment of memories to cherish and speak of. God bless you Grandma Helyne until that great day when we are all reunited. We will love you and miss you!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sorry for your loss, she sounds like a great lady!

Trish said...

Hey Jen! How are you? You look so happy! And that makes me happy :)