Sunday, January 4, 2009

Draper LDS Temple Open House


One of the things that I love about my church is our beautiful temples and the important work that is done there including baptisms for the dead and eternal marriage. It is an incredible place to feel the Spirit of God and learn about his plan for us.

If you would like to learn more about temples use this link:
http://www.lds.org/temples/purpose/0,11298,1897-1,00.html

Upon the dedication of each LDS temple, the public is invited for 3 months to attend an open house to tour the temple. It is an incredible opportunity to see the rooms dedicated to worship the Lord. It is a guided tour, but the instruction is minimal as they want people to focus on the temple and the feeling there. The guides are happy to answer questions, but it there is not a focus on converting people. The main pupose is to allow people to experience the temple. Our family, hasn't decided which day we are going so please let us know if you would like to join us and we can reserve tickets together.

TO RESERVE FREE TICKETS, use the link below:
http://www.lds.org/reservations/0,10751,1619-1-501,00.html

The past year or so I haven't practiced my religion to its fullest potential and I am excited for the fresh start of the New Year to renew covenants I made when I was baptised to remember the Lord and follow his ways. I am so comforted to know that after I do my part, the Lord has atoned for me personally to make up the difference of where I fall short. I know firsthand the blessings of keeping the Lord's commandments and the sadness of doing the opposite. I am thankful to know I am a Child of God and he is mindful of me daily. I hope this upcoming year I can do a better job of witnessing that beautiful message especially to my children.

No comments: