Friday, January 23, 2009

A Girl About Town in Dallas

Jason helped me rock out the Home & Gift Show at the Dallas Market. We put in 10 hour days manning our booth at the trade show. Mostly just ordered room service and watched a movie at night because he was plagued with a terrible cold. He was such a trooper! We did get the chance to go to a few fun places to eat and of course visit the American Girl Doll Store. Rachel really wanted a picture of the store itself and she put it on her screensaver!

Jason had to get home to his real job and the kiddos. I decided to stay for the apparrel market and check out the buyers there. I had a couple days inbetween to rest up and got the chance to runaround Dallas. Meredith from the DMC PR gave me all the hot tips!


I drove to Ft. Worth to check out boots. The Texans assured me that was where you went to buy your boots if you didn't want to look like a drugstore cowgirl. The brands that were most reccommended to me were Old Gringo, but they were a little out of my price range. I really liked Justin's Vintage Line, but settled on a good compromise between style and comfort with Twisted X. I am sure I will cherish these boots and remember them forever. They are lavender and brown with turquoise and yellow stitching. They are super comfortable which is good because I will be standing in them for 10 hour days at the Ponies of America Shows this summer watching the girls ride. I paired it with a super cute purple dress and the eyelet tower Vintage Hem slip to wear. Super cute! Check out some good deals on boots at Cavenders.

If you ever get to Texas you want to make a stop at the stockyards. I just kinda drove through because I didn't have the family with me. The custom boot and saddlery shops are amazing. I for sure want to visit the Cowgirl Hall of Fame museum if I ever make it back.

I went to Meredith's hair salon Phillip K Thomas and got beautified Texas style. It was such a treat. The stylist JJ was Jewish and had studied abroad in Israel, so she had many exciting adventures to share. Meredith assured me that in Texas more is just more, so teasing and hairspray can never be too much.

If you are a shopper, you will want to know that Texas has more shopping per capita than any other state. I went to Northpark Mall and window shopped. It was so entertaining to check out crewcuts where the first family has been shopping for their daughters. They had Louie, Versace, Betsey Johnson, Oilily, Juicey, Neimans, Barneys, and all the other jewels. it was super fun even though I am on a budget and a curvey pregnant lady. I did find a ballerina jewelry box Bekah has been begging for, so that was a lucky buy.

I have had some fun little adventures, but really miss Jason and my babies. They will be a welcome sight when I return home.

1 comment:

D. Goddess said...

Sounds so fun. You'll have to tell me all about it.