Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Late Night Disturbia



Frequently, I get disturbed in the middle of the night and have the hardest time getting back to sleep. It is a pain since I have a hard time getting to sleep in the first place. It has always been that way for me. As a young girl, I remember sneaking to anywhere in the house I could find a pinch of light to read instead of going to bed. I get tortured by fabulous ideas I just have to write down , or nagging painful thoughts like the itch on my head could possibly be lice-how can you sleep with an idea like that? The latest thought plaguing me was that a new friend from Hope's Chest in Dallas said that her sisters Heather & Holly always got asked if their brother was adopted because his name was Eric and did not start with an H. In the middle of the night, the only R names I can come up with for our baby are latin: Ruiz, Renaldo, Raul, Ricardo, Ramone, Roberto. I am not too excited about these names since we don't have any latin heritage.

Tonight our power came back on in the middle of the night after being off for most of the day because of repair on a damaged line on our street. The alarm went crazy and all these lights came on waking me up. Bekah was so concerned about going to sleep without a nightlight. Ruthie tried to comfort her and said she was so sorry that nothing was making Bekah feel better right now. Then Ruth asked Jason if the dogs were going to die outside because they had no power. She further asked what we were going to do with this perilous situation "Just cut up the dogs and eat them?". I am really confused by this comment on survival. My only remark would be-maybe too much Man vs. Wild for little kids is not a good thing daddy.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

My opinion on the matter is that you kinda have to do an "R" name now. That's my situation too. I like HAVE to do a name with "ay" in there somewhere, and I no longer want a name with "ay" in there. So I'm stressing about it quite often, and I'm not even pregnant or planning to be any time soon. Maybe if you break the cycle, I will feel better about doing it myself.

Très Sucré said...

You don't really know me but I ended up on your blog after you commented on mine:) My hubby is from the czech republic and they like the name Roman there. It's kida cute... Or Ryder? Or Ryan? Or Riley? All names we thought of for our boy, but we ended up with Thomas! Good luck!
-Dusti @ Tres Sucre

Kimberly said...

I am laughing so hard right now, Thanks for that blog! I, for one, think ricardo is a perfect name :)