Sunday, April 19, 2009

Treasure Hunt


My girls are getting older and able to participate in funner activities including one of my fav past times...hunting for treasures at the DI-a secondhand store. I let them each pick something out and I think each of their selections is totally indicative of their little personalites.

The purchases:
Rachel-tea party pitcher
Bekah-giant '91 debate trophy
Ruthie-mini mirrored make up case
Jennifer-2 bridal veils

Rachel is totally practical and functional. She was very impressed with prices and the utilitarian features. Thank heavens she steered Bekah away from the giant stuffed animal collection. Bekah appreciates being recognized for her achievements and highly valued the trophy. She was really concerned that someone had left the trophy by mistake and would be missing it. Ruthie is all Diva. She has been watching the pageant shows on tv with me and has the cutest sassy pout pose. Rachel warned me Ruth's little makeup box said Britney Spears, but I said it was okay because Ruth can't read. I was really disappointed to see that Sandy DI did away with the jewelry collections which were quite amazing. Some of my great finds have included a green trunk and a church pew which I recovered in zebra fabric. I think it is a good thinking bench for the girls, but I wonder if it will give them an inner conflict. Good times to be had at the DI and I highly reccommend it!

2 comments:

The Happenin' Harwards said...

Jen, I can't believe I finally found you on here. I am so excited for you guys to have a little boy!!! Yeah. Your blog is darling like everything you do. It was fun to catch up on your family life reading some of your posts. I hope everything is going good for you. Check back later:) Katie

Tiffany G said...

wow! Great mom of the week to you, Jen! My kids would be in heaven if we picked that activity!