Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whats in a Name?


I spent the whole night before researching names with Jason for the baby. We looked up lists of great American cowboys, US presidents, baseball hall of famers, and all of business cards Jason has collected over the years (prolly 400). Nothing was sticking out at us so we starting getting silly and throwing out names.

After I woke up at 1:30 am with stomach pains I got some great internet surfing done and I came up with Maverik which I was convinced was a superb choice given Jason's love for Top Gun. He wasn't feeling it so much in the morning and to be honest in the light of day it didn't seem as great. However, I did have a lot of fun when I sent this email to my darling mother in-law today:

Thanks so much for the link to all those cute ideas for the baby. We haven’t picked anything yet. I am trying to get a sense from Jay what he wants to do. I found this really cool flame flannel that I am going to make a blanket for the baby with. It matches this outfit with a skull on it kind of like Jason’s tattoo. It is really fitting because he is thinking of the name Axle for the baby. So cute!

Later after I copped to teasing about Axle she replied with:
OH THANK GOD! I was really thinking Axle Rose (after his damn tattoo). I was slowly dying inside, but what could I do?! I called Jason on his cell and he told me he was considering it.....I had to ask him because I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but I was dying... I almost thought of taking back the little baby blue "something" that I bought him... Floooooooooooooooooooou!

Too fun playing a little April Fools even if it is late!

No comments: