Sunday, June 7, 2009

At 2 am it all makes sense

Last night, around 1:30 am I woke with some contractions. I decided to do some yoga breathing and positions on the floor in the dark to relax. I remembered a couple of years ago doing yoga in the middle of the night. I was really stressed out and took a shower to relax my muscles. I have a rod in my back for scoliosis and yoga helps me a lot. After the shower, I tried to release the trigger points in my shoulders by doing the plow position. It felt really good and I stayed there quite a long time. So long, that I couldn't get my feet to come down from back behind my head. I was stuck in the plow position and I thought at that moment how it might have been a good idea to get dressed after the shower in case the paramedics have to come rescue me stuck, dying in a contortion. I finally was able to release the position and laid their with my back spasming for a very long time.

That was the last of my late night yoga sessions until last night. With this giant baby in my belly, plow position was way out the range of possible positions, so I was relatively safe. As I practiced breathing in childs pose my mind wandered to my dream which had Greg Kinnear pointing. What was he pointing at? So disturbing, because why is he even in my dream. I couldn't resolve the question. The name mericek keeps coming to me, but when I google it I can't find anything. I love to go to dream moods.com to interpret my dreams which you shouldn't read too much into but I find very interesting.

I wondered if Jason realized I was laying on the floor for two hours and hoped that he would wake up and walk past me so that I could grab his feet from under the bed reinacting a scene from a horror movie. I love to hide and scare him. This would have been the ultimate. Alas, he did not wake and I calmed myself enough to return to bed.

3 comments:

The Vigh Household said...

Greg's hot! That's why! Glad you were able to find a comfy position. It's almost over!!

becky said...

just checking in to see if you've had this baby! good luck!

bekah's party looked cute, i love her cake!

Amelia Smith said...

congratulations on the birth of your sweet little Jack! i just saw steph's post and thought i'd wish you well!

after having 3 girls as well, someday, if we ever get a boy, we plan to use the name jack too! it's SO cute!
.BrightSides.