Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello Ordinary Day




Today I woke at 4 am to feed little Jack and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I started thinking about all the things on my to do list, my regret list, and my hurt list. Then I pray and try to remind myself that God loves me even with all those things on there. I had a very powerful dream and woke up entranced in the emotions of it which were mostly sad and tried to remember to be in the present. It was wonderful to wash and dry my girls hair and listen to Bekah's joy over learning about the water cycle at school. Ruthie fooled me into making her pancakes that she didn't eat. Jack demanded me at all times throughout the day with his beaming eye and giggling mouth. Rachel chatted me up after dance and filled me in on how she just loves loves loves serving hot lunch to the 1st graders and how she will be rewarded with free hot lunch all week for her work. We talked about the Holy Ghost with Daddy and how the power of the spirit can touch our lives. We checked a lot of things off the list today, but most importantly I listened to my kids and felt their spirit and I was enchanted by their joys and follies. We are working on our Valentine ideas and excited to celebrate this weekend. I especially am looking forward to my first taste of sugar in 4 weeks. Jason always remembers my favorite chocolate raspberries and waits in line to get them for me. He said the police were there keeping order in the line last year because this is serious business. Now if I can quit looking at all the fabulous crafts people are making on their blogs I could get some sleep before it starts all over again like a happier version of groundhog day.

No comments: