Thursday, May 20, 2010

Family Home Fifteen Minutes


We were having a little FHE meeting this week. Bekah was assigned a modesty lesson with Jason so she could research some areas that were of particular interest to her. They did an awesome job. My favorite part was when Jason asked the girls what kind of husband they wanted to marry and Bekah illustrated her desired mate with a story. One day in Salt Lake it was raining and we saw a couple walking down the street. The man was not sharing his umbrella with his partner. Bekah says she does not want to marry somebody like that. I was struck with how long ago this incident was and how it made such an impact on her. She is such a clever little girl and has it all figured out. If your partner won't share their umbrella during a tiny rainshower, then I would hate to be stuck with them when the storm really gets going. I am so thankful for my good husband and how much I can rely on him to provide for us in every way. He is such a good man and I marvel at him all the time. I love this family I have even though there are some days when I get in the car by myself to run and errand and think I could just keep on driving all the way to mexico and never come back! Most days I have my head on straight and realize what a precious gift I have.

3 comments:

The Slack Family said...

What an adorable picture! I will agree, you have a wonderful family :) I know the feeling all too well about taking off to Mexico. I know, let's do it and between Jason and Casey they should be able to take care of the chilln's for a couple days, right?? Ok - wishful thinking.

Donny and Minde Hamel said...

Tell Bekah when Rayce marries her, he will promise to share his umbrella!!!

Donny and Minde Hamel said...

Tell Bekah when Rayce marries her, he will promise to share his umbrella!!!